Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Quirks (Part 2)...

Now, I never worked at a Retail store, or giant chain store or even a grocery store. What am I getting at with this?

When I go to any of these stores and use one of their carts I am amazed at how disrespectful people are when they are done with them. I hope it's just laziness and not that people think they are too good to do the right thing.

When I use a cart and put my bags in my car I ALWAYS return it to the designated areas even if there isn't one near me. Some of you might be saying, 'Well, so do I Nik, so do I...' I applaud you for doing so as well, but my quirk goes one step further.

If there is even just one other cart in the designated area I have to 'organize' the carts. I never just toss the cart in the area and go. I will always neatly connect my cart with any other carts.

THEN, if there are other carts just tossed about in an unorderly mess I will almost always organize them together the way the were designed to go. It's not that hard people and takes less than a minute to push your cart all the way to the end of the row and into another cart.

Why leave it in a way that makes it harder for others to put their carts away and for the jobs of the attendees who have to gather them up.

Do your part people. It's the little things in life that count. It's called Karma...

5 comments:

jtrain said...

I refuse to Put my cart away. I don't want the poor guy at Wal-mart who is hired to do this not to have anything to do. If he is bored then they might realize they don't need him and lay him off. how is that going to help the economy? i'm doing my part by being a fat lazy bastard, and giving that guy job security. think about that the next time you do his job for him Nik.

Firebird said...

But your Dad did!

I taught you to return the baskets & not be one of those "FAT LAZY BASTARDS"!!!

They are the same ones that park in the 'Handicapped Zones' and then speed walk into the stores!!!

Unknown said...

I always bring my cart back even if it's pouring rain or freezing cold. I hate it when I go to pull into a parking spot and there's a cart sitting right in the middle of the space. The other thing that irritates me and that I find disgusting is when napkins, tissues, grocery lists and other 'trash' is left in the basket. How lazy can people get!
Mum

jtrain said...

nik I think your Dad is mad at me for some reason.

Firebird said...

jtrain, I'm not mad! Not really! But the next time you do not return a cart look around, check out your surroundings! I'll be watching!!!