Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Quirks (Part 3)...

I definitely have someone to blame for this one and he has a blog that I frequent here. So thanks a lot for this man. Thanks...

When I go shopping for a DVD I cannot take the first DVD on the shelf. I will look at the first DVD on the shelf, but I will never take that one if I decide to buy it. I will put it back on the shelf and then reach back 3 or 4 deep and take that copy of the DVD.

This is strictly because one time I was in college with my friend noted above and I witnessed him do this. When I asked him what he was doing he explained to me. I thought he was crazy at first, but then it got me to thinking.

If everyone that walks by handles the first DVD when they are browsing then that DVD is more apt to be damaged or soiled in some way. I have actually shook the first DVD on the shelf and noticed that more times then not the DVD is loose on the inside because it has been damaged from so much handling.

So it's a smart thing to do and I no longer see my friend as crazy. I've even taken it a step further and will do this little trick with more then just DVDs. Not always, but most of the time. When it comes to DVDs and Games though I do it every single time...

2 comments:

jtrain said...

I do the same thing. Never buy the first one on the shelf unless it is the last one.

Pam said...

Ahh. I miss Torrey.