Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Am I the Only One...

I realized something yesterday as I was searching the Internet through 'Google'. I absolutely refuse to click on the 'sponsored link' web sites at the top of the search page.

I'm not sure exactly why I won't click those links, but maybe it's because I feel like the website that got their site to the top of the page by buying an ad is cheating.

I also think it's funny when a site such as AT&T Wireless has a sponsored link at the top of the page and then the first non-sponsored link is the same site right below it. What a waste of money huh? Even in these instances I will not click the sponsored link though...

Maybe I'm just paranoid that those links automatically bring viruses or steal my data. Maybe I just want to help out the little guy who doesn't have the money to pay for their site to be on top.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm crazy for even bringing this up...

No comments: