Monday, November 24, 2008

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Get It?

British humor...I just don't understand it. Here are a few examples:

Mr. Bean: He's a bumbling idiot who doesn't talk, but just mumbles through the episodes...huh?!?

Monty Python: A bunch of random sh*t where British guys talk in high pitches voices. Am I the only one who thinks this stuff is quoted WAYYYY too much?

Dr. Who: Too bizarre for my tastes...The old version that is...

Slapstick Humor: Basically British people playing practical pranks on people with the video sped up. Why do I want to see people sit on Whoopie Cushions or Women's blouses popping open to the astonishment of random people?!? Especially who do I want to see it sped up?

The only British comedy I can stand is 'The Office' and it was only after I started watching the US version first.

Is it just me?!? Anyone?

1 comment:

Liz said...

I live in Ireland and am married to an Irishman, so God knows why I'm defending the Brits. Maybe it's because we get most of their TV shows over here. Nobody really likes Mr Bean and Monty Python stopped being funny about 30 years ago. The Brits these days seem to love their reality programming which sucks, because all they ever show on TV is 'I'm a Celebrity: Get me out of here' and 'Big Brother.' Mind rotting at it's finest.

Not all British comedy is bad! I will cite 'Nevermind the Buzzcocks' as exhibit A.